Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Clowny Clown Clown

I won't have time to write much this week because of work, but I had one quick thought to share.


A study that I read about recently shows what a good number of us have known for years.

Kids hate clowns.

I would hope that this now settles the issue and we can have clowns banned forever. Seriously, who are all these idiots that think clowns are a good thing anyway? I'll tell you who, it's these sadistic parents who think that kids are there for the amusement of adults.

Nobody ever asks the kids what they like or want before shoving whatever the parents want at them do they can get a "cute" picture for their Christmas cards.

While we are at it, can we please stop this silly mind-game we play with children about a fat man from the north, a magic rabbit and a denture thief? Other things that are also only there for the amusement of adults at children's expense.

Have you ever seen a kid under the age of three who doesn't cry when made to sit on Santa's lap? But parents do it anyway. Fuck the kid's feelings and get the picture so Mommy and Daddy can have some sort of cherished memory to look back on.

It is never for the child's fun. That same kid will finally start to appreciate, even love, Santa at a little older age. That's when the parents rip it away, tearing out the child's heart and smashing it on the floor. Same thing happens with the Easter Bunny.

And don't even get me started on the whole Tooth Fairy thing. Just a way to indoctrinate children into the capitalist mindset that everything has its price. Even selling off your body. Not really something I would want to teach a young daughter.

And parents get a big kick out of seeing their kids duped or terrorized. Mom and Dad laugh at the poor kids while duping them with the Santa myth, knowing that they will bring their world crashing down in due time. While clowns are terrorizing their children at a birthday party, parents will snap away with the camera, capturing forever the frightened looks on the small faces of children who were never even asked if they wanted a clown at their party.

It always reminds me of our dog as a kid. My little sister would dress the poor dog up in doll clothes and throw her in a baby stroller. The dog hated it. But, just like the way we treat our children, nobody cared what the dog wanted.

I suppose there is one segment of the population beside these sadists called "parents" that love Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and clowns.

Child psychiatrists.

Clowns must get royalties.

3 comments:

the beige one said...

I was walking on the ground
and I didn't make a sound
then I turned around
and I saw a clown

it had a frown
it stood on a mound
it started barking like a hound

(clowny clown clown)

Joe said...

When you have a kid, I'm going to break into your home every December 24th and leave mysterious presents just to piss you off.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I resent that Taffy comment...I was only 5!!!

Did I mention we hired a clown for Connor's birthday in March? We're sending invites to Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy.