Monday, June 16, 2008

Hating On Monday

Time for another instalment of "What is Deni hating this week?"

Will try to get to writing more posts soon, but it has been a busy month.

In the meantime, enjoy this week's hate list:


Jimmy Kimmel. Seriously, who the hell is entertained by this dipshit?

The sound of chewing gum being snapped and popped in a person's mouth.

All of the tributes calling Tim Russert a "tough interviewer" who "asked hard questions." Bullshit, he lobbed softballs and didn't challenge any politicians on their bald-faced lies. He was buddy-buddy with all of them and didn't do his damn job the way he was supposed to. The New York congressional delegation is going to push a bill to name a part of a freeway in Buffalo after him. Does that sound like a guy who asked them tough questions? If there is an afterlife, hopefully Russert is being bitch-slapped by Edward R. Murrow right now.

People Magazine.

New York City traffic control cops. Stand on the corner talking on your cell phone while cars block the intersection, run red lights, make illegal turns and wail on their horns. Is that really the job description?

Jenny McCarthy. Dumb blond bimbo has a baby and suddenly thinks she is an expert on pregnancy, children, life in general and Autism. Children in America will die from preventable diseases as a direct result of this woman convincing parents that immunizations are dangerous, despite the complete lack of any scientific evidence. She should be thrown in jail.

Every person who has ever made a prediction about my life. Since I was young I have had so many people tell me I was going to think/feel/believe/become something when I grew up/got a job/went to college/got married, etc. I've been told, usually by my bat-shit crazy mother or some other family member, that I would become more conservative or Republican when I got older, got a job and/or started paying taxes. Pretty much the opposite of what I really became. Since it became known that I'm going to become a father this year I've had a couple people, one being my Jesus freak mother, tell me that I'll suddenly start believing in god or Jesus when my daughter is born. Add that to the amazingly long list of wrong predictions about my life.

"Reality" television.

That fat Jewish kid from Judd Apatow's movies. He is just not funny.

Guys who wear their Bluetooth wireless headsets all the freaking time. It is not a piece of jewelry, and talking to somebody wearing one is so damn annoying.

Astrology.

*

No comments: