Thursday, November 27, 2008

Holiday Wish List Part 1

Since we had a kid there is not a lot of money to be blown on myself these days. So I'm going to use my blog to shill for the stuff I want this year, hoping for some kind souls out there in cyberspace to go to my Amazon wish list and send me the shit I want. Why not, some guy got a house by trading a paperclip, right?

I have been wanting to see this show ever since I heard Jill Sobule (she wrote the theme song) mention it at one of her shows last year or so. It has finally come out on DVD, though hard to find anywhere but Amazon, and I'm hoping someone (cough cough, wife, cough) might buy it for me for the ancient Pagan winter solstice holiday they now call Christmas.

Julia Sweeney tells the story of her journey trying to find her faith before finally Letting Go of God.

A journey similar to mine and many other non-believers.


1 comment:

the beige one said...

It's everything Religulous wishes it could be and more. Not a trenchant note struck throughout.

Of course, it's Julia Sweeney, and not Bill Maher, so it didn't get the attention.

Happy Turkey Day to you and yours, sir.