Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Hate

I'm really reaching this week, with nothing really itching at me to rant about. There is just this one thing I have to bitch about right now, but I was reluctant to write about it since it is a little too close to a post my buddy Joe wrote less than a week ago.

But fuck it, he's so loopy from being up for the last three days straight, because he's dancing on the cloud of new fatherhood, that he won't notice.

I have got this damn zit on my nose. Now it is not what you think. Unlike Joe's demonstration of girl-like vanity, I'm not worried about how it looks. In fact, no one can even see it. I guess it might not even technically be my nose since it is on the bridge between my eyes.

And that's the problem. It is a somewhat painful little zit that is situated perfectly for my eyeglass nose pads to sit right on top of it.

It is really irritating and there is not much I can do about it. I haven't owned a pair of contacts since I was about 20-years-old. So the two options are to deal with the annoying pain or have blurry vision.

Now I know what Sophie must have felt like with that no-win choice. It's tragic I tell ya.

*

3 comments:

Joe said...

Hey, how about the pain of being a hack who can't even come up with his own blog post ideas? What's next, the Out of Tune Zodiac?

Anonymous said...

it IS tragic; sophie would've laboured just as much over this decision.
in the end though, take the pain: POP IT.

Anonymous said...

second monday hate item: not having anything really to hate. hate that. dammit.

got a nice one on my chin by the way.

third monday hate item? having your whole crappy comment lost during posting and having to come up with an even worse one because you can't remember the first crappy comment. really hate that.