Tuesday, March 28, 2006

This Is Freedom?

So I'm sure everyone has already heard about the guy on trial in Afghanistan for converting from Islam to Christianity and could, even though he's been released for now for a "mental exam" (and has apparently disappeared, possibly abducted), be facing the death penalty for that "crime".

Good job George! Looks like freedom is really on the march in the Middle East.

I was trying to come up with some sort of quirky analogy about being put on trial for your life for switching religions. The only one I could come up with is that it's a lot like being arrested and tried for wearing the wrong color of underwear. Or like, I don't know, being executed by the Taliban for converting to Christianity.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I've had such little output this last week or so. I'm in tech week for the production of The Little Prince I'm directing, so my life is hell right now.

No comments: