Tuesday, June 13, 2006

...And Rinse

I went to the dentist today. The last time I went was a year ago, which the dentist pointed out. She reminded me I should go every six months, but that she was happy to see I didn't go seven years between visits like last time. I certainly won't let that happen again since last time I had to get a procedure called scaling that involved them having to scrape my teeth under the gums, because of how heavy my plaque buildup was. Trust me, it's not something you want to have done if you can avoid it. It's nice to have health insurance now, so that doesn't happen anymore.

Since it had been a year since my last appointment I had to get x-rays as well as my cleaning. I realized something during the x-rays. It seems that when I get them done I hold my breath when they snap the shot. I'm not exactly sure what I think is going to happen, whether I'll get cancer or super powers (I would call myself Super Opinion Man if that did happen), but something about the fact that you have to wear a lead bib to get them done makes me think that I have to take every extra precaution.

So when the x-ray person puts the film in my mouth and steps behind the wall to shoot the picture, I hold my breath. I also sometimes wonder why they don't tell you to say "cheese."

Man, I'm a dork.

1 comment:

Joe said...

"Super Opinion Man" is a registered trademark of Marvel Comics, Inc. The character was part of the early-Sixties superhero revival and was created as a back-up feature in Tales to Astonish. He went on to breifly join the Avengers before being killed by Baron Zemo. You could, however, probably get away with calling yourself "Super Opinion Lad", as I'm fairly sure S.O.M. never had a kid sidekick or anything.