Monday, March 10, 2008

Eggcast? No That's Not It... Cocooncast? Oh Wait, I've Got it... Papoosecast!

Probably not going to get around to writing much this week, I've got a pretty busy work schedule with a long commute on top of it. So instead of sharing my oh-so-entertaining wit and and wisdom on the world this week I will be slogging my way out to the wondrous wasteland that is Newark (our motto: If you say it fast enough it almost sounds like New York!) in Jersey of the New.

In the meantime, if you're looking for some other bright shiny object to hold your attention for the rest of the week I have just the thing. Seems that a couple of guys I know, for the sake of discussion we'll call them friends, have started some sort of broadcast. Not a broadcast per say, that would require some airwaves, but some other sort of new-fangled type of radio show that is not really a radio show. They use the word "cast" in it as well, I can't seem to remember what it's called......I think it starts with a "P" even though the thing you play it on starts with an "i", which doesn't make any sense at all. Anyway, some kind of fancy 21st-century device that helps your music sound like it is coming straight out of your dad's old 8-track or an AM radio. Ah, the future...

They call it The Conversation with Bob Felcher and Karl Baloneypants (psst...those might not be their real names) and you can find it and listen to it here. And here. And at those virtual stores that sell the tunes to play on those thingies that everyone can't stop fiddling with for five seconds while riding the subway. I don't know how to paste to that link. Apparently there are more ways to download their something-cast than there are people who listen to it.

I don't have one of those thingies so I have to burn them to CDs to listen to them (private to Bob & Karl - stop making them them longer than 40 minutes each and I'll be able to fit two episodes to a disc, you jackasses). That may seem like a waste, especially after you actually hear them, but it all works out in the end - I just take them up to 125th Street and sell them off as the newest Jay-Z mix tape for $5. What could possibly go wrong with that brilliant idea?

Anyway, give a listen, they're kinda funny. You know, in a pathetic loser kind of way. Like the rest of the Internet.

No comments: