Wednesday, March 26, 2008

MIA A Little Longer

Hey folks. Looks like I'm not going to get any real time to blog anything this week. I thought I would be able to today but I got an email this morning to invite me down to Baltimore for a job interview next month. As part of the pre-interview process they want me to answer two short essay questions, which are basically why do you want this job and why do you think you deserve this job?

Between all of the work related trips I have to keep taking out to disease-ridden Newark or Brooklyn, the random gig up in the Bronx and another thing going on in my life that I can't quite yet write about, I really won't have any other time to write up the answers to those questions this week.

And seeing how future job security might be a little more important than trying to mildly entertain you fuckers, you will have to go a little longer without my witty repartee.

Looking at the previous sentence, I can't help but wondering when the hell I became an adult. Because that doesn't sound like the me I know at all.

Anyway, I'll get back to posting real stuff soon, starting with the next part of my seemingly never-ending Southeast Asia travelogue. I promise (threaten?) you haven't heard the last of me. Hopefully I'll find some time this weekend or early next week.

Until then, I'll leave you with this line from the song O Freedom off the new Billy Bragg album, Mr. Love & Justice (U.S. release date moved up to April 8th, but I got myself an import copy last week), which I think is the perfect motto for the Bush decade:

O Freedom! What liberties are taken in thy name.

No comments: