Monday, June 02, 2008

Hatey Hate Hate

Starting a new regular feature on my blog today. I've come realize a few things. First, I haven't really been living up to the under title of this blog (How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Hate Everything) as often as I should. Second, I need to make a real point of posting stuff on a regular basis so people know I haven't just stopped like so many other blogs before me. I also need to learn to write some short and to the point postings instead of the long treatises I seem to always do (not that that will stop).

Inspired by my buddy Joe, who has a regular feature on his blog every week, a comedic horoscope, I'm going to make an attempt at my own.

Once a week I'm going to name the things that I'm hating at the moment. Mondays seem like an appropriate day to feature this column.

So here we go with the first stab, and hopefully I'll stick to doing it every week. I have no real rules for this other than naming what I'm annoyed with right at the moment, based on my day or mood. Sometimes it might be one or two things (highly unlikely) or it could be a hundred.

Things I'm hating right now:

Subway preachers.

Every single car in Manhattan.

The sweat that pools in the small of my back when the temperature hits 80 or higher.

John McCain.

People that don't know how to stop their vehicles before the crosswalk.

Texting while I'm talking to you.

All the bitching about gas prices.

Animal cruelty disguised as "sport" like horse racing.

William Kristol having a column in The New York Times.

The existence of William Kristol.

Baby strollers.

The illegal and evil military rule over Burma.

Christianity.

*

No comments: