Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My Dick Is Literally 12 Feet Long

Has anyone noticed lately that a lot of people use the word "literally" wrong and too often.? Someone will say "He's literally ten years old" when talking about , say, a mentally disabled person or Michael Jackson. I mean, if someone is literally ten years old....well......that means they're ten years old. Someone who is "like" a ten year old (either mentally or creepily), is not "literally" a ten year old. I'm just sayin'....


That's about the only thing bugging me today. Other than not being able to be in Chicago this weekend for the two Jeff Tweedy solo shows at the Vic Theatre in Chicago. The last shows he played at the Vic, which I attended (brag brag brag), are legendary. Well, at least I'll be able to get recordings of both since he lets people record.

Coming soon --- My plea for everyone's help to save Amtrak from being erased from existence by that evil moron Dubya. Literally.

2 comments:

Joe said...

David Cross does an excellent riff on the "literally" thing on this brilliant album "Shut Up, You Fucking Baby."

It bugs the shit out of me, too. Not literally.

Ben Hocking said...

Save Amtrak? Have you ever ridden Amtrak. It's literally a Bronco on rails! ;)