Saturday, July 29, 2006

Whew!

It's over! At long last I no longer live in the horrible, horrible shithole known as "Beantown." I got to finally change my profile location to New York baby!

It's going to still be a few days more before I get back to regular posting, so hang in there a little longer my adoring fans. My life right now is about getting our apartment in order. Our MUCH BIGGER apartment that is. (Seriously, we are the only people I know who moved to New York and got a bigger place than where we moved from) My days right now are being spent unpacking, painting walls, taking thousands of boxes and crumpled newspaper to the basement for recycling, and spending hours upon hours in Home Depot, Container Store, Crate & Barrel, Room & Board, Pottery Barn and Ethan Allen. Surprisingly, no Bed Bath and Beyond yet.

I'll write more later this week about my love of being in New York and out of Boston, but here's just one example:

We've been putting in late nights working on the apartment, so often we're not getting dinner until after 8:00 or 9:00 on a lot of nights. Last night we went to order a pizza at the great John's Pizzeria (right around the corner from us!) and grab some groceries from the Food Emporium. At both places my wife wondered out loud if they would still be open (it was pushing 10:00). And I said, "Honey, this isn't Boston, this is a real city. Shit stays open late in real cities."

It is so great not to be in Puritan-land anymore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you dislike your former place of residence so much, get yourself off of Leftyblogs' MA feed, then, as you are no longer a MA resident.

Thanks.

Sorry for the tone but if you think so poorly of the city, then you must think poorly of the people you left behind. It's sorta insulting.

Joe said...

Ouch! Lynne seems to take some exception to your denigration of your former city of residence, Deni.

I'd say "Welcome to New York", but now I don't know if I want to be associated with you.

the beige one said...

or "Denigration" as it were, har har!