Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Shores Of Jersey

OK, so once again I'm really sorry I haven't written anything at all in almost two weeks. I've been working out in beautiful, cosmopolitan Newark, New Jersey for a long stretch this month. Once I get home from working all day, after an hour-and-a-half one way commute, I'm just too beat to get my brain to think of anything interesting. I know, when have I let the lack of anything interesting to write about stop me before?

Anyway, I'm still in the middle of a long work week, but I thought I'd say hi.

In the meantime, check out this brand new, hot off the editing machine video from the Dresden Dolls. It's for the song Shores of California off of Yes, Virginia... and I find it weirdly interesting. For some reason they decided to parody the old California Girls video from David Lee Roth. It's an odd choice, but Amanda Palmer acting all freaky pretty much works in anything.

Five more days until I'll be seeing them at Radio City Music Hall with Cyndi Lauper, Debbie Harry and Erasure...

I've got to get going. Time for the long, ugly ride to Jersey. Garden State my ass.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Newark may not be paradise, but it's awfully disingenuous for you, ensconced in an office all day, to give blanket judgement about our city, which contrary to many perceptions, can be a very livable place, even with *gasp* parks and galleries and nice restaurants. Stop complaining about your long commute (as though you're the only New Yorker with one), get off your high horse, and take advantage of your time in a new place. If you hate Jersey so much, don't work here. On the other hand, visit Aljira, the Newark Museum, Aferro, 27 Mix, the Ironbound, or other points of interest if you insist on schlepping over this way but want to ease your painfully obvious boredom.

Joe said...

This will not end well.

the beige one said...

no, no it won't. Kinda can't wait, though, to see what happens.

Joe said...

Yeah, it sort of feels like that moment of anticipation after your uncle lights the fuse on the firecracker and takes a sip of his margarita.

Deni said...

What the fuck was that? Geeze, see it's not just me. People get insulted even when I'm not trying. An innocent little post pointing to the new Dresden Dolls video somehow makes me enemy number one of all the Newark school children.

People from Jersey sure are overly sensitive about their state. What the hell does this guy do, google "Newark" all day long looking for someone disparaging his town so he can put the smack-down on them?

And who said I worked in an office all day long, anyway?

People sure are defensive when they live in shitty places.

But hey, it's got a museum and a restaurant, so that makes it cool.

Man, I was just trying to share the love of a new Dresdden Dolls video with everyone.

See, this is why I'm not nice more often. No fucking appreciation for the things I do for you fucking ingrates.

Now where's my goddamn beer...

Deni said...

AHA!

I was right. A little look at my site meter, and Mr. Newarker did, in fact, do a google blogsearch of "Newark" and found my site.

And he works for the state.

I wonder if defending New Jersey in meaningless blogs is his full time position there?