Sunday, June 17, 2007

UR My BFF & A GR8 Dad. LY & H2CUS. YR Son.

I got an instant message from my cell phone company the other day. It was an important announcement to tell me that all text massages on Father's Day will be free. Because, you know, nothing shows your father how much you love him like an impersonal note on his cell phone on Father's Day.

I guess this is really doing a service for the modern family. Now you can send Dad a Father's Day message without having to think about it in advance and without blowing the 41 cents it takes to send a card. And now your friendly cell phone provider has made it possible to do it while also avoiding the expense of the dime it usually takes to send a text.

Thanks T-Mobile! Bringing families together. How lucky we are to live in such a technologically advanced age. We can maintain our relationships with our parents without ever having to see them again!



For those of you wondering - Yes, I did have to Google search to find text message abbreviations to be able to title today's post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could decode most of that, but "H2CUS"? What does that mean?

-Ben

Deni said...

I never would have known that one without loooking it up (like most of those I used).

It means hope to see you "soon" (H2CUS).

I have no idea how much it actually gets used, but it was on a website I found that had an exhaustive list of text shorthand.

Anonymous said...

kthx ;)

-Ben