Thursday, May 19, 2005

Headin' West

Up until the last couple of weeks, it was a great time to be a Yankee hater. I was giddy with New York just stinking up baseball and in last place after losing three in a row to the fuckin' Devil Rays. Oh, how sweet. Then they won 10 in a row. Fuck. Well, they still got a long ways to go to get back to first place, and right now they are bouncing around .500 with an obscene $200 million payroll. So it's still good. I'm not much of a sports nut, but I love my baseball. And the only thing better than my team winning is the Yankees losing.

I'll be going to my first game of the season at Dodger Stadium on Memorial Day. The Cubs will be in town and I'll be sitting with about 9 or 10 guys that I went to college with. All from Chicago or vicinity. Nothing like rooting for the visiting team when you go to the park.

So after today I'll be in L.A. and Phoenix for the next 12 days or so. I doubt I'll get around to writing in my blog, but you never know. Just a warning that the world might be denied the wonder of my wit for a few days while I reconnect with some old friends that I haven't seen in a really long time. It will be a breath of air from being around so much meanness in Boston.

Talk to you all soon.

No comments: