Friday, May 06, 2005

No Tree Left Behind

I was in a good mood today. My wife and I got our tickets to Ireland for this summer, I've got a vacation trip to LA and Phoenix coming in two weeks that I'm excited about, and it's Friday. But then I read this story in the Chicago Tribune about Bush's new rule to allow new roads to be built in almost 60 million acres of currently protected forest under a Clinton era roadless rule. This is the highlight of the announcement:


In announcing the policy, Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns, whose department includes the U.S. Forest Service, praised it as cooperative, collaborative conservation. "Our actions today advance President Bush's commitment to cooperatively conserve inventoried roadless areas within our national forests," Johanns said. He added that his department "is committed to working closely with the nation's governors to meet the needs of our local communities while protecting and restoring the health and natural beauty of our national forests."


Fucking Dubya will shit on a plate and tell you it's a T-Bone. He builds roads through national forests and calls it "protecting and restoring" them, just like he calls weakening clean-air laws a "clear skies" initiative. And he does it with a straight face. I don't even get angry anymore, just sad. He really does just want to destroy it all before he leaves. Fuck I hate him.

2 comments:

the beige one said...

What's sadder is the red-shirt residents who will eat said steak and claim it delicious.

Joe said...

His administration really is one of the greatest practitioners of irony ever. "Clear Skies", "No Child Left Behind", "Cooperative Conservation", "I'm Not a Weasly Little Frat Boy Fuck".