Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Some Of The News That's Fit To Print

Can't think of a lot to write about today, so I'll just share a couple of things I read about in yesterday's New York Times. First, there is this editorial by Bob Herbert, From 'Gook' to 'Raghead', which talks about American soldiers committing acts of violence against Iraqi civilians. I figured these kind of things were going on, we have a history of this kind of shit, but I wonder why this is the first time I've read anything about it in the main stream media? And why only in an Op-Ed column instead of an actual news story? You know, like some actual investigative journalism? CNN has plenty of time to tell me everything I never wanted to know about some stupid woman who ran from her wedding, but can't find two seconds to report that some of our own soldiers are driving around smashing bottles on the heads of innocent civilians.

And then there's this article from Paul Krugman, A Gut Punch to the Middle, that exposes the real agenda to Dubya's Social Security "reform". I think he makes a really good point that by turning it into a program for the poor, Bush will be successful in getting it demonized as a form of welfare, which will make it easier for future politicians to scrap altogether.


We've got 3 years and 8 months left of this ass-hole. God/Buddha/Allah/Kucinich help us.

1 comment:

Joe said...

So what exactly is the most acceptable way to worship Kucinich? Are we meant to burn incense for him? Does he demand sacrifice? If so, what are we meant to sacrifice to him? Should we slice the gas-lines on our SUVs, torch them and let the smoke drift heavenward, where they will be pleasing to him? Should we instead drop a Republican virgin--if they're signing Promise Oaths, there oughtta be plenty of them--into a volcano? I want to be a good Orthodox Kucinichian, but I don't have my Koranucinich.