Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Best. Performance. Ever.

There has been a lot of talk about whether or not the Stephen Colbert performance at the White House Correspondents dinner was funny. I really just have this to say. If you don't get irony or sarcasm and didn't think he was funny and, even worse, think the Bush "self deprecating" skit with his look-alike was better, well I'm sorry for you. I'm sure there is a collection of Horatio Sanz SNL skits you could be renting or a Saved By The Bell marathon on TBS you could be watching.

As for the members of the press who have been bitching and moaning about what he did (Gasp! He was insulting to the media and politicians), who the hell did you think you were booking for this thing? Have you ever seen the Colbert Report? Get a grip. Your little dinner is a joke, and Colbert just pointed that out to you.

What you all should be worried about is that, in twenty minutes, he called the dumbass president out on his shit more than you guys have done in five years. That's what is not funny.

1 comment:

Ben Hocking said...

Amen. Preach it.

I've made it a point of sharing that clip with everyone I know. No one has said it's not funny (although I'll admit the skit with him "interviewing" for the part of press secretary went on a bit longer than it had to). Of course, I do live in Charlottesville, where I'm probably considered a conservative. Heck, Deni, you'd probably only be a moderate.