Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Race Baiting

I have heard lots of defensive posturing from those on the anti-immigration side of the current debate that they are not racists. Well, I just call bullshit on that. And it takes no more than a few minutes of on-line searching to find a lot of examples of the thinly-veiled racism that is the backbone of this anti-"illegals" movement. Our friends at Media Matters are a great resource for this stuff.

A lot of the leaders of this racist agenda driven movement make a lot of claims like "protecting American jobs" or "preventing terrorists from getting in" (and they need to constantly be reminded that that's not how the terrorists get in), but they don't take too long to show their true colors. Check out this woman from something called Mothers Against Illegal Aliens. And this link to their mission statement, it's priceless. My favorite line is "Our beautiful Nation has been turned into a jungle by the mass invasion of illegal aliens." Yeah, it's a real "jungle" out there.

Then there's this guy named Joseph Turner in San Bernardino, CA that has drawn up an anti-immigration initiative and gotten enough signatures to get it on the ballot. It would, among other things, lay out penalties for landlords who rent to illegal immigrants, ban city-financed day-laborer centers, and require that all city business be conducted only in English. During the hearing at the city council over the measure (the council voted it down, so by law in San Bernardino it has to go to the voters since Turner got enough signatures), this moron said that illegal aliens were turning America's cities into "third-world cesspools" and that Americans are "sick of pressing one for English." Yea dude, I'm so fucking put-out by having to press a number on my phone when I call to check my bank balance. Those precious extra nano-seconds that I'm forced to spend away from my family are ruining my life. And I think the "cesspool" statement speaks for itself. This guy should come visit Boston. It's the Southies (South Boston people, like in Good Will Hunting, for you non-New Englanders), not the Mexicans, that make this a shitty place.

You've got to see his Save Our State site. It is hilarious and creepy all at the same time. And this Nazi fucker's claim that he's not a racist goes out the window with a section called the "Gallery Of Goons" that includes this Photoshopped picture of Hispanic protestors. OK, so maybe my previous "thinly-veiled" comment was a little off. This isn't even close to subtle.

And of course no right-wing racist agenda would be complete without support from FOX. John Gibson tells his viewers (he presumes they are all white, which is probably true) to "make more babies" because if we don't the Hispanics will be in the majority in 25 years. Oh the horror!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-fricken'-men!

Ben Hocking said...

Well, I for one am "sick of pressing one for English". That's not because I think English should be the official language (I don't), but because I don't like talking to machines on the telephone. I really hate when the machines make you say a word instead of pressing a button. If I want to interact with a machine, I prefer to use a web-site. In fact, I usually do prefer using a web-site to making a call, but when I make a call I want a person. And lest you think I'm a machine-bigot, I'll have you know that some of my best friends are AI's.

Anonymous said...

good to see you are still radical leftist. Try Lou Dobbs of cnn for a rational out look on this topic.
you should allow postings on your blog so there can be debate, unless your afraid your wack leftist ideas wont stand up.
Just thought I would torture you for old times sake.
-----------------------------------
You should read my blog about Lou Dobbs from a few days earlier. Dobbs is a prick. Nice to see that you think your right-wing nutso shit is "moderate".

I do allow comments on my blog, people leave them all the time. At the bottom of each post there is a link that says "comments" and people can leave whatever they want. I don't edit or delete comments, except for the few that have been spam (yes, they've figured out how to spam blogs) but I've got that taken care of by having to type in a code to leave comments (like when you have to type the letters you see in the box when you buy stuff from Ticketmaster).

But if you mean letting people post actual blog writings (postings like mine) in my blog, then no. Its my blog, not a community blog or message board.
-----------------------------------

I see I missed the post and got the e-mail, sorry about that. I wouldn't want to deny your readers a sound point of view. I can see the you see the country in terms of blue and red. try to imagine purple.
Your are right Lou Dobbs is a prick, I maybe also, but neither of us are racist. And he is right about this one. we don't need to encourage more people to enter the country illegally.

Anonymous said...

Deny's e-mail to me:
Kyle, my right-wing nutball friend. If you want to see the kind of misinformation and racist crap from Lou go here and see it all in his own words:

http://mediamatters.org/issues_topics/search_results?qstring=&start_month=&start_day=&start_year=&end_month=&end_day=&end_year=&issue=Immigration&subissue=&topic=&person=Lou+Dobbs&show=&outlet=&x=26&y=15

http://mediamatters.org/items/200605240011?src=other

and this: entitled "Another Dobbs racist link
http://mediamatters.org/items/200605250015?src=other

My e-mail reply
so, let me get this right. Lou Dobbs is a racist because he exaggerated by saying "absolutely nothing for border security." when obviously he knows there is border security in that bill. And also because a correspondent reported "Mexican President Vicente Fox's trip to Salt Lake City, Utah, as a "Mexican military incursion," and claimed that "[y]ou could call" Fox's trip to the United States "the Vicente Fox Aztlan tour" and then puts up a map of the southwest and mentions Fox's trip to Utah, Washington, and California as this " Aztlan tour". It's just sad to point out that Washington is not in the southwest. And finally on your "another Lou Dobbs racist link" Lou Dobbs is a racist because he doesn't point out that the source of the graphic was the Council of Conservative Citizens.
Oh my what a racist bastard! Exaggeration like that would be as bad as calling some one who has, voted Democrat more often then not, and is an aggressive atheist a "right-wing nutball" because he happen to be to the right of you on this issue. But then again Bill Clinton is to the right of you.
Damn, I hate defending a prick like Lou Dobbs.