Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ass Wednesday

So breezing through the headlines today and I come across this item that shows Virginia has jumped out front in the stupidest state in the union race. Mississippi, weakened by their approval of the 13th Amendment (Abolishment of slavery) in 1995, has been losing ground ever since and appears to have finally given up its amazing 187 year lead. Some would argue that, like the Atlanta Braves division title streak broken up by the 1994 strike, Mississippi should not be given credit for consecutive years since they were for a short few years a part of a smaller league. But I would argue that for those few years in the early 1860s they were playing against the elite teams in this particular category. It would have been the equivalent of playing in a league full of New York Yankees and Manchester Uniteds. So don't be putting any asterisks next to that streak. Mississippi earned it. But, alas, combined with Virginia's "home run" to rid their state of the scourge of ass cracks & underoos and Ole Miss' "sacrifice fly" agreeing that slavery is bad has led to the Harlem Globetrotters of stupidity finally losing a match.

So congratulations Virginia! Job well done. But beware, Alabama has been slowly and quietly building its farm system and appears ready to make a bold move in 2006 because this proven old veteran seems poised to rejoin the big club after late career trip to the DL in 2003. His strong pitching for the Alabama Supremos got them to the championship round in years past, and I'm sure with a new role as number one starter could get them all the way there again and into the big game. With this kind of "stuff" (as the scouts say), how can 'Bama lose?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poll of the day
Inspired by Virginia's brave legislating of fashion sense, what fashion faux pas would you vote to criminalize?
Mine would be black smudges on the forehead. I've been noticing today that it seems to be the new trendy thing. I can't believe there are so many people who think that looks good. Those crazy kids. My momma taught me to pull up my pants and wash my face before I left the house.

4 comments:

Joe said...

I would like to see an end to that trend where one wears one's penis outside of one's pants. I think it's just tacky.

Anonymous said...

Hey. Keep writing. You are funny. Seriously.

Ben Hocking said...

I know you're just trying to be funny (and succeeding in some people's minds), but I caution against making fun of people who take their religion seriously. I'm fairly certain that you wouldn't make fun of the red dot that some Hindus have on their head, and it seems to me to be in equally bad taste to make fun of those who mark their foreheads today. For some it is certainly an empty show, but many, many people take their Christian faith quite seriously. Sure, you might say those who get offended by these comments are too thin-skinned, but would you say the same thing if it was a different group? (Maybe you wouldn't - I know you don't pull you punches very often, and I respect you for that.)

the beige one said...

I would put a ban on those stupid red dots people wear on their foreheads, usually worn by those 7-11 employees with funny accents and look at me funny when I order a hot dog with extra relish. What is it, Hadji? Got a problem with diced up pickles?