Friday, February 25, 2005

Hair-larious

One of the best things I read today was an email sent by a woman who works at the office I'm temping at right now. She was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago (same kind that a close friend of mine was diagnosed with around the same time) and has been getting chemo, so she has no hair and has been wearing a wig. She sent it to everyone in the office. This is her email:

From: ******* *******
To: Everyone
Subject: Say hello to Cherrie

I have officially decided to turn "no hair" into "mo' hair!"

("Mo'" would mean "more" for white people, who live in the suburbs and don't rap much.)

Today, I will be showcasing "Cherrie." Cherrie was clearly inspired by Julia Roberts' lady-of-the-night look in the movie Pretty Woman. Cherrie's look says, "I'm sassy and fun. For fun, I like wearing white go-go boots to clubs and dancing on tables."

Next week and thereafter, I will be showcasing "Britney," ("I love boys, the color pink, and bubble baths."); "Tiffannie," ("Nobody knows about my wild, rock-n-roll side."); and "Ginger" ("I can go to a meeting with Bingham, McCutchen and not be mistaken for a hooker.")

Feel free to silently observe me working in my office, and then cast a vote for your favorite. ( Don't worry if you don't catch me today; due to school vacation this week, I will be showcasing Cherrie sometime next week for all who missed her.)
**Upon request, any of the wigs are available to borrow for a costume party or a special anniversary night that involves role-playing.**

******* *******, Esq
Associate Director
******* & *********, Inc.



And she's been doing it too. Today she had the "Britney" wig on. Hilarious. I can only hope I'd be able to have that kind of attitude about the whole thing. Gotta admire her.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, in case you missed it, last nights Wilco show from the 9:30 Club in D.C. was webcast live on NPR.org. You can listen to the recording here, and hear a great show which includes a cover of Blue Oyster Cult's (Don't Fear) The Reaper.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Finally, the Wilco that your URL promises. We've all been waiting for it.